Monday, February 10, 2014

1143) RAKYAT NEWS 9/2/2014 NO NEED FOR PROBE ON CHICKEN SLAUGHTER PROTEST


KAJANG 8 Feb - Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi today has dismissed all calls to investigate the organisers of chicken slaughter protest on Thursday against DAP MP Teresa Kok, saying it was unnecessary at the moment.

The Home Minister said, his ministry instead is currently working with the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) to investigate complaints made against Kok over her satirical Chinese New Year video.

“Why should we investigate?” Zahid told reporters today when responding to question on whether the police would take action against the NGOs for threatening Kok with physical action.

Previously, the Council of Islamic NGOs, a coalition of six Muslim groups, had offered cash rewards of up to RM500 for anyone who could physically attack the Seputeh MP, and capture the assault in photographs.

They were protesting against Kok’s 11-minute long Chinese New Year video lampooning current affairs in Malaysia.

Zahid steressed that the only investigation taking place right now was on the complaints made against Kok’s video, and nothing else.

“I have seen the video myself. We have begun our investigations,” he said.


The six Muslim groups alleged to have been involved in the protest are Pertubuhan Permuafakatan Majlis Ayahanda Malaysia (Permas), Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam dan Dakwah (Pekida), Pertubuhan Kebajikan Insan Bakti Malaysia (Perkib), Persatuan Pengguna Islam Malaysia (PPIM) and Martabat Jalinan Muhibbah Malaysia (MJMM)

1 comment:

Abdul Aziz CZA said...

PPIM should stick to the purpose of its creation i.e. to help consumers with their "consumerism" problems instead of sticking its nose into politics and kissing the a***s of the BN government and UMNO!

GERAKKAN KUASA PENGGUNA

GERAKKAN KUASA PENGGUNA

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...